RSL NSW Cardiff sub-Branch

45 Macquarie Road, Cardiff NSW 2285
Telephone: (02) 4953 7770

Office hours: Wednesdays and Saturdays
1000 to 1300 hours



Various categories of membership are available, exclusive to those who have served or are currently serving in the Defence Forces or are closely related to service personnel. You are not required to have war service or served overseas.

Service Member elegibility

Any person who has served in, or is currently serving in the Australian Defence Force, or served with or supported or was otherwise engaged with the Australian Defence Force or the Armed Forces of its Allies, for at least six (6) months, or any other person provided for in the Constitution, may be admitted to Service Membership.

How to join

The process is a simple 3 step procedure:

1. We need to sight a copy of your Record of Service or Discharge Certificate – see Obtaining Service Records and links below should you need to procure those documents from official services.

2. Complete a Membership Application Form.

Click on the image below to view and download the application form which is in PDF format.

You can then print this form and complete it.

If you are unable or don’t have the technology to download and print this form, please contact us at RSL NSW Cardiff sub-Branch, 45 Macquarie Road, Cardiff or telephone (02) 4953 7770 and we will send you a Membership Application form.

3. Bring or send those documents to RSL NSW Cardiff sub-Branch, 45 Macquarie Road, Cardiff NSW 2285, or if you choose, you can call into the sub-Branch and we will provide an Application form that you can complete and submit at our office.

For assistance you can telephone our office on (02) 4953 7770. Our office hours are 1000 to 1300 hours each Wednesday and Saturday.

Please note that annual membership fees apply.

Obtaining service records

Defence Service records are raised and maintained to assist in the effective management and administration of members both during and after their service.

Click HERE to visit the Department of Defence Service and Personal Records.

How to obtain Service and Medical Records

If you are a former member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and you wish to have access to your service and medical records, or if you are an advocate of an ex-service organisation assisting with a claim, you can apply for these records through the Ex-Serving Member Service/Medical Records Freedom of Information website of the Department of Defence.

Older Records

Army medical records for people discharged prior to 1947 and Air Force medical records for people discharged prior to 1952 are held by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Therefore if your request falls within this period, please contact DVA.

Click HERE to visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website.

If you are requesting service records of an Australian member who served during World War I and World War II, it is recommended that you contact the National Archives of Australia (NAA) in the first instance.

Click HERE to visit the National Archives of Australia website.

Honours and Awards (Medals)

For information relating to Defence Honours and Awards, click HERE.